Sunday, June 12, 2011

First day In India

Sleeping last night was strange. I didn't sleep much on the plane so I was tired but I kept waking up like I had gone down for a nap. When I went to bed it was 2pm back home. Anyway, I woke up this morning and experienced my first bucket shower. :) There are 4 showers in the wash room and I would choose the one where the shower head doesn't work. It was kinda fun actually. It was a cool shower which felt very nice and I didn't waste like any water! woo woo!



We went to breakfast where I met a few others in the program and we decided to go exploring on campus! The campus is HUGE. Our house is 4 miles down from the main gate and the road continues down. We walked up to the gate making stops at the fitness center which was basically a cement basketball court and fields for cricket and volleyball. We couldn't get inside the building though. The entire time we were out there was a stray dog who followed us, we named him Fido. He even went into the library with us. And when we came out of the library there was a herd of water buffalo on the street! So cool.


I think the rest of the night will be dedicated to unpacking and eating dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment