Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tour of Hyderabad (pg 2)

Chowmahalla Palace was next on the list. This place was extraordinary. I had an infatuation with all the chandeliers and the elaborate decorations inside. We got to see all four palaces that make up the Chowmahalla and explore the gardens outside. People were setting up tables and chairs for what looked like a wedding. Ha! I wish.

The last thing we saw was Golconda Fort, hands down the most gorgeous place of the day. We got there just before sundown so we didn't have a ton of time to explore, but we were able to climb up a little ways and again look out over Hyderabad. There is something so magical and mysterious about ruins and ancient architecture. By this time I was exhausted so Lora and I sat atop what used to be a roof of sorts looking out at the city. We talked about India and what we wanted to get out of this trip and why we came and how we liked it so far (FYI I absolutely LOVE it here.) This is the second time this trip that I have had an internal realization that my life is perfect, and this peace washes over me. Like I am doing exactly what I should be doing at this moment in time.

(pictures to be coming soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment