Sunday, June 12, 2011

Flight and Night

Hello everyone!

I've been in India now for about 17 hours now! The flight was long... I watched about 5 movies and a few episodes of Friends. It was cramped and hot and I only got maybe 3 hours of sleep. Little did I know we actually had a stop in New Delhi (which was 104 degrees when we landed there at like 6pm) but we had to stay on the plane. The girl I sat next to was from Hyderabad and told me to buy bangles at the markets because Hyderabad is known for its bangles! She also told me that Hyderabad is known for a chicken dish but I don't remember how to pronounce it let alone spell it.

The taxi drive was a neat experience. I got to sit shotgun on the other side of the car which was pretty awesome. It was late at night so there wasn't much traffic so I didn't get to experience the dangers of Indian driving, yet. The driver did however enjoy using his horn and driving down the middle of two lanes. I think it is customary to cut people off after you pass them because every time we passed someone or they passed us they would cut right back in front of you.

When I got the Tangore International House we got checked in and found our rooms. My roommate and I went to the wash room to brush our teeth and get ready for bed. Then a lizard scurries out from behind the mirror and both her and I scream and run out of the wash room! We creeped back in and he was just chillin on the wall looking at us. We brushed our teeth quickly then went back and grabbed our cameras!! Duh..



No comments:

Post a Comment