Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Motor Rickshaws!

Tonight we went into the city for the first time! We rode our bicycles to the main gate and picked up a motor rickshaw to take us to the mall. I was so excited! I have not experienced the Indian roads yet or the city! So, rightfully I was stoked. We had to bargain the price because they always charge Americans/ foreigners more. The way there cost 120 Rs and the way home cost 100 Rs split 4 ways ($2.60 and $2.20 respectively). The driving is scary to say the least. I have decided to make a stop motion movie of the traffic in Hyderabad! There is no way to explain it unless you see it for yourself. it would be better if you were experiencing it yourself. But seeing is better than not!

I finally smelt and saw India and not my secluded campus life. When we arrived at the mall, it was not what I was expecting. The first store I saw was Lacoste. Nuff said. If I am ever in need of an American fix I can go to the Orbitz mall.

Hopefully the next time I go to a mall its the outdoor market that I was expecting and hoping for. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment